Sub Ohm Wax Tank – The Kiln By Atmos

the-kiln-sub-ohm-wax-tank-dvp

Atmos, the company behind The Dart and so many dry herb and wax vaporizers has just recently released The Kiln. When I heard the name it immediately took me back to 7th grade art class, building clay sculptures and then tossing them into a huge, super hot archaic oven called a kiln. Quite similar thing here only 1/1000th the size.

This all ceramic atomizer was designed with a ceramic heating disc instead of the standard coil, to evenly distribute heat throughout the tank for optimal flavor when experiencing wax products. Beside the very sleek, clean look of The Kiln this thing is made specifically for use on sub-ohm devices. In the video I use an Eleaf iStick 30 watt to test it out but it also works with temperature control mods as well. The recommended wattage to use on The Kiln is 10-15 watts, and for temp control Atmos suggests 300-400 degrees (fahrenheit).

I did not test temp control in the video but I did try the recommended wattage and I will say that 10-15 watts may not be the best setting for this. I found that at 10 watts or at 15 watts The Kiln didn’t even get warm. It wasn’t until I cranked the ol’ iStick to 22 watts that wax atty began to work. Other than this 10-15 watt typo, I’ve found no issues with The Kiln by Atmos and it does exactly what it’s expected to do.

The only way for you to know for certain is to get one yourself…

10 Comments

1. Wes on February 12, 2016 at 6:33 pm

I bought one yesterday, now it says check atomizer

• admin on February 15, 2016 at 4:00 pm

I think it was you that came into the store, no?

2. Wes on February 15, 2016 at 4:23 pm

Yeah man. I came in the store. Driver for uber and left and had to run one time . Then come back. The second one I bought now saying check atomizer. The ceramic one. Sucks

3. cubey on March 20, 2016 at 8:28 pm

I have one that doesn’t fire and I was wondering if the bottom comes off like a regular atomizer. I have tried multiple things to get it to come loose but no luck. I have also tried looking around on the interwebs and have been striking out. Any help would be appreciated.

• admin on March 26, 2016 at 11:49 am

The bottom doesn’t come off The Kiln. Are you using it on a temp or high wattage device?

4. Someone who actually uses the device on April 21, 2016 at 9:52 am

do not go above 15 you will eventually blow it out if you do so. actually TEST/USE the device and you’ll see its working fine, the device is meant to keep cool to the touch due to the ceramic or something it’s one of the selling points.

5. The Vapor Fairy on May 28, 2016 at 5:01 am

Thank you, Someone Who Actually uses this device. I definitely wouldn’t use this over 15w. I’ve used this and the DT version of it before and have had it blow out by going over. It does work fine on temp control, but at the reccommended 300-400, maybeee up to 420. However!! It’s all very device specific. So just start small and actually try to put in a few good hits before knocking it up. I’ve used it on about five different devices and each one has its sweet spot.

6. Just Call Me Kirito on June 21, 2016 at 1:18 pm

Kiln owner for 10 months, very awesome product. same kiln for this long, same starting coil, my issue at this point is the base is officially full of reclaim and is starting to leak outta the 510 thread holes on the base. keep it under 15 watts for sure…when you clean you can fire up to 16.5(short second or 2 bursts) and give it a thru wipe down…use 90%+ strength rubbing alcohol.
    vape fairy is right though, every device is different. on my gfs kbox nano its 14.5w, her kbox 200 its 13.5 and on my rx200s is about 12-12.5.

also this device is better for crumble style waxes over shatter or buttery styles. but this could just be me, and preference based.

im still trying to get a solid answer on TC ranges. minus the nano my mods have TC and since i use a .15Ni vape coil in TC for my juices and would love to just switch them out on the fly over carrying a 2 and a 3 battery mod with me EVERYWHERE.

7. Greazy on July 17, 2016 at 1:47 am

Following the directions helps a ton. I run mine at 13w and pulse it every couple of seconds. I’ve noticed that when cold, the first pulse is around .71 ohm, hold it for 2 seconds, let off and pulse again, now at .81 ohm, repeat this several times and the resistance gets up to about 1.0 give or take a bit. Every time you do this, and the resistance changes, the voltage also changes to meet the watts you’re trying to throw at it and it works better with every pulse.

8. Taylor on May 5, 2017 at 10:14 pm

Works best with iStick TC 60w (battery Best Fire 2500mAh 35A LI-HP 3.7v) Locked at 0.67-0.71 ohms, ramps up with 14.-15.1w, then I set it around 17w for a little bit temps 400-420°f. 10sec cuttoff i pulse again for a fatass hit enough for a good cough, not a single burnt, dry, shitty taste whatsoever, just pure taste and vape atomized smoke of awesome, even reclaim from dabs taste excellent high as hell.