Many vaping enthusiasts are aware that after the new PACT Act is passed, they will no longer be able to receive their orders through the USPS. What this means is that online retailers have to engage private couriers to deliver tobacco and ENDS products to end consumers. However, some people may be wondering: are B2B deliveries exempted from the USPS ban? For instance, if an online retailer were to order supplies from a manufacturer, would USPS be able to deliver this shipment? In this article, we share with you more about the status of B2B deliveries under the USPS ban.
What is Prohibited Under the USPS Ban?
The USPS will no longer ship products from retailers to end customers in all states except Alaska and Hawaii. In addition, other major carriers such as FedEx and DHL have also vowed to stay compliant with the PACT Act in not delivering tobacco and ENDS products. However, when it comes to the dynamics between private individuals with each other and businesses with businesses, there are different rules:
- Within limit, private individuals may mail small packages containing no more than 10 ounces of tobacco and ENDS products to other private individuals or businesses (for instance, when a customer wishes to return or exchange products from a retailer).
- B2B deliveries are not banned altogether, however there will be an additional process required before shipping can take place. This involves submitting an application and complying with some set conditions.
Can End Customers Still Shop Online?
Understandably, as an end customer, you may be worried about whether you can continue shopping for your favorite products from online retailers. The answer is yes. The only thing that will change is that your parcels will now be delivered via private couriers and there will be a stricter age verification process upon checkout and receipt of parcel. These changes include:
- Higher shipping fees to account for the additional work that private couriers have to handle
- Stricter age verification process, once upon checking out and again when your parcel is delivered. The recipient will have to produce valid ID and sign for the parcel as an adult of legal age
- Your tax obligations will be clearly outlined on the parcel itself
Despite all these changes, you can be assured that online retailers are working hard to keep in compliance and continue delivering the products you need.
Purchase the Products You Need with Confidence
At Discount Vape Pen, we are doing our best to keep in compliance regarding the new PACT Act and to this end, we are working with attorneys and private couriers so we can continue bringing our products to you. Hence, you can shop with confidence knowing that the products you need are just a click away. Whether you are looking for vaping devices or e-liquids, you can turn to us as your trusted one-stop shop who always delivers timely and reliably.